I’m not a Sean Hannity Show fan … matter of fact I really can’t stand listening to it, though I catch snippets in the car from time to time because I’m too lazy to change the station on the 7 minute ride home (and there aren’t any other stations these days I’d like anyway). A lot of it is because even though he’s got truth and reason on his side, he can’t seem to focus enough to destroy such a weak guest as Betsy Rodriguez of Green Front, apparently formerly of the ill-fated (because nobody wanted to listen to it) Air America … on “Climate Change/Chaos/Warmening” … Man Bear Pig. But this isn’t really about Sean, who I probably agree with on a majority of things … it’s about this.
Her whole argument, and I’m not exaggerating here, was this:
- Planetary Crisis
- 99% of Climate Scientists
- Oh…. come on.
- Have you noticed the weather is extreme? Hurricane Sandy? (The 2012 which hit Cuba as a Cat 3 storm quickly fell back to a Cat 1 and was a tropical storm by the time it hit the northeast. It was little more than a coincidental combination of a tropical and extra-tropical storm as it moved out of the tropics, hyped by the media and pounced upon by AGW activists)
- Oh my goodness gracious! (dismissing a scientist from University of Pennsylvania as soon as his name is mentioned)
- What planet do you live on?
- You guys are fossil fools! You are the deni-o-saurs! I didn’t think you’d show your face after 4,000,000 people from around the country and the world came here.
- What??? (to the fact there’s been no warming for 18 years)
- 98% of scientists … (guess she lost a percent. They were probably listening to the show)
The most telling… when the East Anglian University emails were brought up….
- Oh my gosh, we’re not going to go back to that!? Oh my gosh! That is such old news!
- Not true. Proven not true. Really. Go on to the next argument. Al Gore and his plane, and East Aglia, what do you have that’s new… for me? Come on!
So pretty much ridicule and buzz-word dropping and repeating that debunked
99 98 97% Climate Scientist claim. I especially loved “fossil fools” and “deni-o-saurs”. Which is why I came up with Al-warmist (An Al Gore Warmist Alarmist). To kind of answer that kind of stuff. They’ve been at it longer, though.
And of course, the vehement dismissal of Climategate and an almost panicked urgency to NOT talk about it.
In the end, though, rather than forcing her to stay on topic and defend her positions against cited facts, the conversation went on to less relevant tit-for-tat even though Sean had a well-informed guest who could have destroyed her on air if he’d been given a chance to speak without her interruptions and Sean changing the subjects so quickly.